« Recipes Home
Traugott's Sautéed Softshell Crabs
- 8 prime softshell crabs, cleaned
- all-purpose flour for dredging
- 8 pieces white toast
- 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- ½ cup white wine
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and freshly ground white pepper
Lightly dredge crabs in flour. Heat oil in frying pan and sauté crabs 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove to a warm platter. Discard the oil.
Melt butter with parsley, tarragon, basil and chives in frying pan. Add wine, lemon juice, salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste. Cook until reduced by half.
Place crabs on toast and top with herb sauce.