« Recipes Home
Spicy Crab Soup
- 1 quart water
- 3 chicken parts (necks or wings)
- 3 pounds canned tomatoes, quartered
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen corn, drained
- 1 cup potatoes, pared and diced
- ¾ cup celery, chopped
- ¾ cup onion, diced
- ¾ tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 pound Maryland jumbo lump crab meat
Place water and chicken in a 6-quart soup pot. Cover and simmer over low heat for at least one hour. Add vegetables and seasonings. Cover and simmer over medium low heat for about 45 minutes or until vegetables are almost done.
Add crab meat. Cover and simmer for 15 more minutes or until hot. Remove chicken skin and larger bones.
Serves 6 to 8.