« Recipes Home
A broiled open-faced crab meat and cheese sandwich or crab appetizer recipe
- 1 pound fresh jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 small jar chopped pimiento, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 loaf French bread
Slice the French bread into half-inch slices. Spread the slices with butter and toast them
under the broiler until just lightly brown. Remove from the broiler.
Mix the crab meat with the other ingredients. Spread a 1" thick mixture on top of the
French bread slices. Put them back under the broiler and broil until hot and bubbly.
Watch carefully as they burn quickly.
May be served as an open-faced sandwich or cut into triangles and served as hors d'oeuvres.