« Recipes Home
Crisfield Deviled Crab
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 3 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1½ cup Half and Half
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup chopped green pepper
- dash of cayenne
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Saute onion and green pepper in 3 Tablespoons of butter or margarine until tender. Add flour and mix until smooth. Stir in Half and Half gradually. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
Stir a small amount of hot sauce into egg yolks. Add to sauce and heat 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and add cayenne, salt, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and chives. Mix well. Stir in crab meat. Spoon crab mixture into 6 buttered ramekins, custard cups or 1 quart casserole.
Combine bread crumbs and 2 Tablespoons melted butter or margarine. Sprinkle on crab mixture. Bake 20-25 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown.
Makes 6 servings.